I ran for the School Board because I felt compelled to do something to help our public schools; speaking out about our problems was not enough. While in office:
- I plan to draw upon my 36 years of experience as both a teacher and principal at SAIL High School to help make all schools places where every student, parent, and staff member feels valued and respected.
- I will advocate for policies that value learning more than test scores.
- I will ensure that every dollar spent supports the needs of our students.
- I will place high priority on early childhood education and dropout prevention.
- I will be an engaged school board member and a strong partner in the leadership of the district.
- I will seek out innovative solutions inside and outside of Tallahassee to solve some of our toughest problems.
- I will work to forge partnerships with the community to help us close our achievement and opportunity gaps.
- I will insist on clear policies for ethical conduct in all facets of the school system.
I want to make a real difference for our children. I believe I bring the experience, leadership, and integrity that are required. If you ever need me, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org .